Losing data and information is frustrating and time consuming. We hate to see people suffer from spyware and virus related issues. It is important to keep your system up to date with the most current software and hardware. We would like to offer these recommendations as free advice to help keep you safe while using your computer.
- eTrust Pest Patrol: This is an anti-spyware / anti-adware program that we install on the machines we repair and sell. It is capable of scanning and removing malicious programs running in the background.
- Lavasoft Adaware Professional Special Edition: We use this program to supplement Pest Patrol. Scanning with Ad-aware catches the instances that Pest Patrol may miss and ensures a thorough scan of your machine.
- Symantec/Norton: We recommend Symantec Antivirus to protect your computer from virus outbreaks. It's a very accurate scanning and removal tool that is used worldwide to protect from threats. Live protection helps protect you from viruses that try to sneak in with email or websites you view.
- TrendMicro Housecall: TrendMicro offers a free virus scan, detection, and removal tool online. If you have no virus protection software at all, we recommend you scan with TrendMicro. It will give you a detailed list of what needs to be repaired or changed and prompt you for the proper action.
- Ihatespam: This is a server-level program that filters email for known spam messages. It eliminates the spam before it even reaches your inbox. Since we've put this program into place in our facility we have seen a 90% reduction in the amount of spam we receive. This is an essential program to anyone running an email server.
- SonicWall Products: In today's world you need to protect yourself while online. It's best to have a security device in place between your computer and the outside world and we recommend SonicWall's line of products for your system. SonicWall has a wide range of products from wireless access points to intrusion protection devices. ASAP Computer Systems will help you make the best selection for your network.
These recommended procedures will ensure that your data is preserved in the event of a system failure.
- ASAP Computer Systems' Backup Services: All of our client backups are also stored in a fire-proof, locked safe.
- A custom automated script that writes to rewritable CDs/DVDs
- An external drive connected to the USB port of your server.
ASAP Computer Systems recommends using an uninterruptible power supply. These units not only provide battery power in case of a power outage but also guard against surge protection. These units are critical to your system’s health and are highly recommended. Be careful though, not all power protection products are created equal. We can help you make the right selection for your servers, workstations, and protection equipment.